READ, WATCH THE LATEST PARISH PRESIDENT'S REPORT
Post Date:January 23, 2018 11:18 a.m.
In the report
- Funds will be available on Feb. 5 for the St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) through September 30, 2019. Any client who received LIHEAP services or did not receive LIHEAP services in the last six (6) months is eligible. Check their website at stcharlesparish-la.gov/community services on Feb. 5 for details.
- The MLK Day of Service book drive is being held during the month of January. All new and gently used children’s books can be brought to the RSVP office. All books collected will be donated to local children.
- The Parish’s RESTORE Act Multiyear Implementation Plan was approved by Treasury last week and we can move forward with submitting a funding application for the West Bank Hurricane Protection Levee Paradis Canal Gate project. This funding is a result of the BP Oil Spill fines and brings an additional $563,000 to the West Bank Hurricane Protection Levee. The approved plan can be reviewed on the St. Charles Parish website for more details.
- I want to thank all of the departments who worked during last week’s freeze event and I want to especially recognize our Waterworks, Public Works, EOC and PIO Departments for their work. I am pleased to say we were one of the only parishes in this region that did not have to issue a boil water advisory. It is because of the excellent infrastructure and the hard work of our employees. I would like to also thank our citizens who conserved water to help us during this event. Because of these efforts we were able to help other Parishes and organizations (National Guard, River Ridge’s 3rd District Fire Department).
- Again, I would like to thank our dedicated Parish employees for their hard work. I would be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge the intergovernmental cooperation through sheriff’s office, school board, and the agencies in the courthouse. It is times like these that remind me of the great parish we have.