WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE HALE BOGGS BRIDGE WORK
NOTE: This story has been reposted while the series is being judged for a national award
We here at the St. Charles Parish Public Information Office feel it's time to bring you a brief update on what to look out for with the latest Hale Boggs bridge (Luling Bridge) closures. DISCLAIMER: This is a Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) project so if you want the official announcement click here.
What You Need to Know About the Project in General:
- There will always be one southbound lane and two northbound lanes until the project is done.
- The first phase is done.
- The project is estimated to end in mid-June. Weather permitting, of course!
What's Happening Tonight (April 20) at 8 p.m.:
- Traffic is being moved over to the side of the bridge that was completed in the first phase.
- Two ramps will be closing. See below.
- The exit ramp from I-310 in Luling will be closed. You will need to get off at La 3127 or Highway 90.
- The entrance ramp onto Southbound I-310 from Destrehan will be closed. You will need to get on at Airline Highway.
DOTD gave us a handy map to refer to. Check it out below: