UTILITY BILL ASSISTANCE STILL AVAILABLE FOR LOW INCOME RESIDENTS
The St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services still has funds available for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Any client who received LIHEAP services or did not receive LIHEAP services in the last six (6) months is eligible.
Information Needed to Apply:
- Recent copies of your utility bills (Light and Gas)
- Final Utility Termination Notice (if you received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
- Most recent four (4) consecutive check stubs for employed household members
- Proof of income from SS, SSI, Retirement, UEB, Pension Funds, etc.
- Current Food Stamp Print-out (within 30 days)
- Identification to prove address (ex: drivers license, voter registration card, rent/lease agreement, bill with your name with the same address as the utility bill)
- Social Security Card for each household members
Number of household members with corresponding monthly household income limits:
All residents qualifying for utility assistance must provide their current bill and disconnect notice. Applications are taken by appointment, but walk-ins are welcome. For information and/or to schedule an appointment, call 985-764-7944 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. The Department of Community Services is located at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Note: It is the policy of this department to ensure equal opportunity in all aspects of its programs and services without regard to religion, race, color, national origin age, sex or handicap.
The mission of St. Charles Parish government is to provide high quality, efficient services to sustain and enhance the quality of life for all residents of St. Charles Parish.
For more information on parish activities, visit www.stcharlesparish-la.gov, www.facebook.com/stcharlesgov or www.twitter.com/stcharlesgov. Residents may sign up to receive e-newsletters on desired parish-related topics by visiting www.stcharlesparish-la.gov/enews and emergency texts, e-mails and phone calls at www.scpemergencyalerts.com.