PARISH COUNCIL MEETING PREVIEW FOR AUGUST 28, 2017
The St. Charles Parish Council will hold a regular meeting beginning at 6 p.m. Aug. 28, 2017 in the Council Chambers, located on the second floor of the courthouse, 15045 River Road in Hahnville. The meeting may also be viewed live on SCP-TV.
The entire agenda may be viewed here.
Items on the agenda for public hearing include but are not limited to:
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Contract for Engineering Services with Civil and Environmental Consulting Engineers, for necessary professional engineering services associated with Parish Project No. P150801-2 Ama Drainage Improvements.
- An ordinance to amend Appendix A St. Charles Parish Zoning Ordinance of 1981, Section X. Exceptions and modifications., to amend E. Outdoor Donation Bins and Collection Receptacles.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Contract by and between the Parish of St. Charles and Debris Tech, LLC for Storm Debris Monitoring 2017, Parish Project No. P170302.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Federally Funded Agreement with the State of Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program for funding in the amount of $93,750.00 to install a permanent generator at the East Bank Regional Library in Destrehan.
- An ordinance to authorize the sales by St. Charles Parish for properties located at Lots 11, 12 & Pt. 13 Barreca St., Norco (Barreca Tower Site), Lot 119 Gordon St., Destrehan (Gordon Tower Site), Lot A Diane Pl., St. Rose (Dianne Place Tower Site), and Lots 45 & 47 Gordon St., Destrehan (Gordon Booster Station); and to approve and authorize the attached Listing Agreement with Sperry Van Ness/Gilmore Auction & Realty Company to act as St. Charles Parish’s designated agent/auctioneer for the sales.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Professional Services Contract by and between St. Charles Parish and Barowka and Bonura Engineers and Consultants, L.L.C. for FEMA Public Assistance Program Services.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of Change Order No. 1 for the West Bank “A” Plant Clarifier Refurbishment (Project No. WWKS 90) to increase the contract time by 90 calendar days and to increase the contract amount by $117,606.01.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of Lease Agreement between St. Charles Parish and Gator Cove Marina II, LLC for a Westbank Boat Launch.
- An ordinance approving the Donation of Servitude by Mary Keller wife of/and Neal J. Clulee to St. Charles Parish.
- An ordinance to levy an assessment on the 2017 ad valorem tax bills of property owners that are delinquent in paying outstanding invoices for removal of weeds, grass, etc. in accordance with the St. Charles Parish Code, Chapter 16, Article III, Weeds, Grass, etc. and to levy an assessment on the ad valorem tax bills of property owners that are delinquent in paying outstanding charges incurred for the removal of unsafe structures, trash and debris in accordance with Chapter 16, Article IV, Sec. 16-48(b).
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of an Agreement between St. Charles Parish and The Fatty Shack restaurant to provide Professional Concessions Services at the Edward A. Dufresne Community Center.
In addition, the council will hear reports from the Tauzin Consultants. See meeting minutes at stcharles.legistar.com.