BOOKMARK THIS PAGE! www.scplevees.com
READ THE LATEST WEST BANK HURRICANE PROTECTION LEVEE UPDATE
Post Date:December 11, 2017 10:44 a.m.
- The Willowridge Levee Phase 1 earthen levee project is complete.
- Willowridge Pump Station: All the three pump’s impellers have been replaced and the pumps were retested. The effective date for Substantial Completion for this project is Aug 29, 2017. The Substantial Completion document has been executed and Filed at the SCP Courthouse. Contractor has two minor items remaining on the final punch list. The Ordinance to approve the final change order for this project is scheduled to introduce to the Council on December 11, 2017.
- Willowridge Phase III: Substantial completion of the project was granted on May 8, 2017. Certificate of Final Acceptance has been fully executed with an effective date of Aug 9, 2017. The project has been accepted and is completed.
- Ellington Levee – Phase I Project: As of this Council Meeting the project is 711 days into the 730 calendar day project. The anticipated completion date is in December 2017. The Contractor has initially completed clearing and grubbing operations, inspection trench along the project length, Truck Wash-down Racks at Magnolia Ridge and Valencia Dr. entrances, timber matting over the existing gas pipe lines at the shell road off of Magnolia Ridge Road and at other two gas pipeline crossing locations, Valencia culvert and Magnolia Ridge culvert with sluice gate. Contractor has installed the new drainage canal culvert crossing at Magnolia Ridge and Valencia Dr. Contractor is continuing to perform canal excavation, and placing embankment. In Area 5, the eastern portion of the project, the +7.5’ elevation levee embankment, access roadway, drainage canal and seeding, fertilizing and mulching operations have been completed. The Levee embankment for the Ellington Levee – Phase I Project is progressing at an accelerated level during this period of dry weather. Levee embankment to +7.5’ elevation and canal excavation have been completed for the entire length of the project. Contractor has completed 80% of the roadway and existing canal backfill and is continuing to work on completing the roadway, existing canal backfill and seeding, fertilizing & mulching.
- The Ellington Levee – Phase 2: BKI has submitted final design plans and specifications of this project to the Parish and FP&C for the review. The Ellington SFM has been completed. The bid advertisement of the Ellington Levee - Phase 2 is contingent upon completion of the Ellington Levee Phase-I project. Advertisement for bidding of this project has begun on Nov 30, 2017 and the mandatory Pre-Bid meeting is scheduled for 10:00 am on December 19th, 2017 at Public Works Office.
- Ellington Pump Station: The 90% final design documents for the Ellington Pump Station have been submitted to the Parish for review. Received notification from DOTD Statewide Flood Control Program advices that this project will appear in the FY 2017/18 recommended construction program.
Magnolia Ridge Reach
- Magnolia Ridge Levee: Geotechnical Engineer has taken approx. 65 soil borings along the alignment of the existing levee to analyze for suitability to cap the existing levee and bring the low spots to elevation +7.5. The analysis is to verify if the existing levee meets the latest USACE levee criteria. Analysis is complete, and the geotechnical report has been provided to BKI for incorporating into the final design of the Magnolia Ridge levee Project. BKI has begun preparing the final design plans and specification.
- Magnolia Ridge Pump Station: HMGP funding has been awarded to the project, and the project has been approved in FEMA’s project tracking system. Currently awaiting on FEMA’s official approval letter. Advertisement for bidding of this project has begun on 9/14/17. The Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting for the Magnolia Ridge Pump Station Project occurred on October 3, 2017 at the Public Works Office. Bids were opened on October 30, 2017 and the apparent low bidder was Sealevel Construction Inc. BKI has sent a letter recommending acceptance of Sealevel bids and the Letter of Intent to Award the Contract was sent to Sealevel Construction on October 31, 2017. The ordinance for the award of the construction contract has been approved by SCP Council at the Nov 27, 2017 SCP Council Meeting. The Pre-Construction meeting of this project occurred on December 5, 2017.
- To date, the Parish has acquired 24 of 30 levee servitude parcels from 28 impacted landowners. The surveyor completed fieldwork to field locate 12 levee servitude parcels. GCR and Parish representatives are working with the Owner of Parcel 27-4 to relocate a trailer from the levee right of way and to address other encroachments within the levee right of way. The other five parcels are pending expropriations. An ordinance to authorize the expropriation of one of the parcels was voted on at the November 27, 2017 meeting. The ordinance to authorize the other expropriation of another parcel will be voted on at the December 11, 2017 meeting. Expropriation of the other three parcels have been approved by the Parish are awaiting filing.